This tasty treat is so simple and so good! We love sweet and salty treats and you can even make this recipe in a lower-carb version that is absolutely delicious.
- Salted Perfection French Vanilla Finishing Salt
- 36 to 45 unsalted saltine cracker squares
- 1 cup butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 cup sugar or no-carb sugar substitute (we love Pyure)
- 1 (12-ounce) package (2 cups) semi-sweet (or sugar-free) chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
HOW TO MAKE
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray foil with no-stick cooking spray.
- Place saltine crackers in single layer onto prepared pan. If necessary, break additional crackers in half to fill in any gaps.
- Combine butter and sweetener in 1-quart saucepan; cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking 1-2 minutes until mixture thickens slightly. Pour mixture over crackers; spread to coat all crackers.
- Bake 5 minutes (mixture will look foamy). Remove from oven; sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over crackers. Continue baking 1-2 minutes or until chips are slightly melted.
- Gently spread chocolate mixture over crackers; sprinkle peanuts and French Vanilla Finishing Salt evenly over top. Cool completely. Break or cut into pieces.
- Substitute brown sugar (or brown sugar substitute like Truvia Sweet Complete Brown) for a more toffee-like flavor.
- Substitute your favorite nut for chopped peanuts.
- Substitute peanut butter for the chocolate chips
- Substitute our Natural Pyramid Garnishing Salt for a visually stunning presentation